Be a part of the high profile illustration competition organized by the Association of Illustrators(AOI). For more than 45 years, AOI has been juring competitions. The awards for 2020 will be judged across ten exciting, refreshed categories that represent breadth and ambition of work being made globally today. Over the years, many shortlisted and winning illustrators have received significant, career boosting exposure through the awards.br>
There are 10 different categories to choose from this year
500 longlisted projects will feature on the AOI website on a dedicated page:
200 shortlisted projects will be selected from the longlist. Shortlisted illustrators will:
Please read here www.theaoi.com >
1. Overall Professional Winner sponsored by Winsor & Newton: Cash prize of $2,589, and a two-page marketing package in the Directory of Illustration, valued at $4,330 US Dollars, including a 100-image professional portfolio on directoryofillustration.com
2. Overall New Talent Winner sponsored by Winsor & Newton: Cash prize $1295, and a copy of the Directory of Illustration.
Professional and New Talent Category Winners: 20 Category Winners (one New Talent and one Professional per category) will receive a WIA Trophy, an enhanced entry in the catalogue, a profile feature on the AOI website, and a complimentary AOI membership for one year with all the benefits this brings including business advice, discounted online portfolio and Varoom subscription.
3. Professional and New Talent Highly Commended in each category: 20 Highly Commended Projects (one New Talent and one Professional per category) will receive a WIA Certificate.
4. AOI Member Award: Selected from any AOI Member shortlisted for WIA2020: The winner will receive a complimentary year-long membership plus folio, a copy of the Guide to Law and the current Directories, worth $384.51, a WIA Certificate and profile feature on the AOI website.
5. SAA (Society of Artists Agents) Agents Award for New Talent: All shortlisted New Talent entries will be eligible for the SAA Agents Award for New Talent, offering the winner a six month trial representation with one of the leading SAA Illustration agents, which will include mentoring and career development. During that time, the winner will also benefit from having their work showcased on the SAA’s website and across their social media platforms. The winner will also be presented with a WIA certificate and profile feature on the AOI website.
6. DI (Directory of Illustration) Award: The DI Award winner will receive a single page marketing package in the Directory of Illustration, valued at $2,695 US Dollars. The program includes a 100-image professional portfolio on directoryofillustration.com plus a one-on-one consultation with a professional Directory of Illustration marketing consultant on how to best present your work to the American market. The winner will also be presented with a WIA certificate and profile feature on the AOI website.
7. Innovation Award, supported by It’s Nice That: One shortlisted project will be selected for a new cross-category Innovation Award, supported by It’s Nice That, to be awarded for a project displaying considerable innovation and experimentation with the artform. It will be judged by It’s Nice That staff. The winner will be presented with a WIA certificate and profile feature on the AOI website.