The Annual International Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize celebrates entries from unique forms of contemporary arts. The contest honors diversity and excellence in the representational visual arts, in all static mediums including Traditional Art media, Digital Art media, and Photographic media; and all styles from realism and hyper-realism, to pop surrealism and lowbrow.
- All artists, of all ages and all countries, are encouraged to enter.
- People involved with the administration or judging of the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize, or curated artists participating in the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine exhibition ‘Midnight Garden‘ at Modern Eden Gallery are not eligible to enter are not eligible to enter.
Last date for entry: 17 July 2020
Judging week: 20 – 31 July 2020
Notification to finalists: 1st week of August 2020
People’s Choice voting opens: 10 August 2020 [AEDT, Australian Eastern Daylight Time]
People’s Choice voting closes: 24 August [AEDT, Australian Eastern Daylight Time]
Winners announced: 1st week of September 2020
‘Midnight Garden’ exhibition: 24 October – 13 November 2020
- To complete your entry a non-refundable Entry Fee of US$40 is required. The entry fee is processed by PayPal but a PayPal account is not required – credit/debit card payments are also accepted.
- If PayPal is blocked in your country or you do not have a PayPal account or accepted payment card please email email@example.com to arrange an alternative payment method.
- The contest welcomes entries in any medium or style of static visual ‘Representational Art’. This includes: Traditional art (including painting, drawing, sculpture, fibre art, collage, mixed media, art dolls etc.), Digital art, and Photography (digital & analogue).
- The artwork(s) entered can be already sold.
- The artwork(s) entered do not have to be in keeping with the exhibition theme.
- You do not have to create a new work for your entry – but of course you can if you want to.
- An entry may be a partnership between two (or more) artists, with the understanding that any prize awarded is divided equally amongst the partnership.
- A limit of ten (10) works per artist can be entered. Multiple entries must each have a separate Entry Form and Entry Fee.
- If you have entered the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize in previous years you are encouraged to enter again – with a new Jury Panel each year and different entrants, your chances of winning vary every year. Entries that previously didn’t make the Finalists list, have then gone on to win Awards in past years.
- Artwork that has been a previous finalist or winner of any award in the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize is not eligible to enter. Previous artwork that was entered but not selected as a finalist is eligible to enter.
Artists working across mediums are welcome to enter more than one award category by completing the Entry Form appropriate to the artwork. The respective entry forms are found below:
The artwork image submitted for each entry must be:
- a minimum of 1000 pixels wide. This is the work you will be judged on, so please ensure the file is large, clear and represents your work in the best possible light.
- image file size not exceeding 3MB
- saved in .jpg or .png format
- file name format: Artist Name_Artwork Title.
Awards and Prizes
From the finalists, 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners in each award category and the overall winner of the 2020 Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize will be selected. The prize categories include:
- 2020 Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize Overall Winner (1 prize)
- INPRNT Traditional Art Award (3 prizes)
- iCanvas Photography Award(3 prizes)
- ZBrush Digital Art Award (3 prizes)
- Yasha Young Projects Sculpture Award (3 prizes)
- People’s Choice Award (1 prize)
Click here bizarreartprize to know in detail about the exciting prizes in each category.
Visit Bizarre Art Prize for further information.
Digital art surreal heart by david seidman Oil painting girl by kazuhiro hori Oil painting mulan girl by olga esther Painting artwork girl rabbit by catrin welz stein Painting girl with flowers by olga esther Painting musician by steve chmilar Realistic oil painting girl ella by howard lyon Surreal oil painting woman with bird by steven kenny Surreal sculpture by tomasz strzalkowski